The proper installation of the system depends on various factors viz. Solar resources, site potential, climate, local meteorological data, local building codes, safety issues, geographical co-ordinates and efficiency of the system. Therefore, you must hire a well qualified and experienced contractor for better results.
After installation, maintenance of the system plays an important role for smooth operation and long life.
· Passive systems require lesser maintenance while the active system needs more. If you are opting for the second category, duly discuss the maintenance and operational guidelines with the service provider and ask for the maintenance manual.
· Plumbing and other components require the same maintenance as the conventional system.
· Glazing of the collectors is required to be cleansed in a dry climate where rainwater is no option for natural cleansing.
· Regular maintenance is required every 3–5 years by the certified service provider. If your system has electric components, typically in 10 years, you will need to replace the parts.
Also, check the following:
· For ETC, glass tubes can break. Therefore, you may have to provide occasional replacement
· Remove the scaling or deposits regularly. If there is much hardness in the water, acid can be used to clean the collector.
· If your outer system is painted, you may have to re-paint it every 2–3 years to prevent the system from corrosion.
· Occasional leakages or other issues need to be repaired periodically by local plumber or service providers.
For more info contact solar water heater maintenance or call us at +971 4 252 2966