Some wells have pumps called “jet pumps” located on the surface or top of the well. Most well pumps are used in conjunction with a pressure tank.
The well water pump system’s goal is to maintain a constant supply of pressurized water in the house and piping system. To maintain the water pressure, the well pump is switched on and off with a pressure switch.
This usually means the pump is turned on when the pressure switch senses the pressure is at a low point (the “cut-in” point) and off at a pre-set high-pressure point (the “cut-off” point). In some systems, there is no simple on and off pressure switch. These systems have a pressure sensor that works with a controller to allow the pump to pump more or less in a gradual method called a “constant pressure” system.
This system uses a variable speed pump, which allows the pump motor to spin faster or slower and pump water faster or slower based on the pressure sensor. These are becoming increasingly popular, but the most common is the simple off and on a pump system, which uses a simple pressure switch.
The 7 warning signs associated with water well problems:
1. The well is pumping air, and well yield is reduced
2. The well is pumping sand or large amounts of sediment
3. Water pressure is low (pressure tank symptoms)
4. The power bill has skyrocketed
5. Water quality has changed
6. Dissolved gasses or bubbles and air in well water
7. The pressure switch and pump continuously cycles on and off
For more info contact pressure vessel supplier in uae or call us at +971 4 2522 966